Ilaria and life: Hair History + Hair care

Hair History + Hair care





Hi everyone!
I noticed that some of you are interested in my hair color and care.
So I decided to write a new post about that issue, in order to help you showing some tricks that I learned day after day.
I'll answer to some questions you sent me on Tumblr and Youtube.

#1. Are you a real redhead?

Actually yes and no.
I'm not exactly the kind of redhead you would expect! My natural color is a honey/reddish blond, that is the result of the mix between my mother's and my dad's hair (blond and reddish light brown).
I turned out like that cause I look more like my dad rather than my mum.
I'm anyway lucky cause my hair base is a light one so I never needed to use bleach on my hair.

Me with my real hair color

#2. How many hair colors have you changed? 

In reality few of them.
The fact is that I dyed my hair the first time at fourteen in a kind of deep bloody red and I just changed the shade of red during the years! From this kind of bordeaux I gradually became more and more pink, till the day in which i decided to dye my hair in cyclamen.
As a last touch after few months I added a little bit of violet in my ends.


First red dye


Cyclamen hair

Cyclamen + violet ends
Obviously this type of hair was so difficult to maintain in a good shape that for more then a year I had to spend a lot of time in taking care of it.
I felt in love with that color but sadly I had to change it cause I needed more time to study and stuff like that. 
So, finally I went redhead.
At first I wanted a lighter color that I decided to change in a deeper one few months later, and now I still have my hair in this color, a kind of deep natural red.


Lighter natural red

Actual hair color


#3. Are your hair ruined?

No, my hair are in a perfect shape cause I always took care of them and I've always used hair dye with natural/vegan ingredient such as manic panic ones. 
Most important thing: I've never bleached my hair.

#4. What kind of products did you use for your hair care? And what products do you use now?

I've always used a lot of hair masks and special hair conditioner for dyed hair in order to maintain the color glossy, vibrant and deep.

I've always used a shampoo from Diego dalla Palma that you can find for example in beauty shops that keep Diego dalla Palma stuff.

This shampoo in my case is for straight hair and is called "LISCIOSPAGHETTO". 
I suggest you Diego dalla Palma stuff anyways, cause it is pricy but great.

Diego dalla Palma shampoo

After the shampoo I usually apply of an hair mask or a colored hair conditioner.
If I dyed my hair few days before (like a week or a week and a half) I apply the mask cause the hair color is still in a good shape at that point, otherwise I apply the hair conditioner.


Kerastase hair mask that I use

I usually apply the hair conditioner with wet hair and I keep it in place for 5 to 10 minutes.

When I had Cyclamen hair:
Awesome colors - Violet shade 

The one that I use now
Whim color conditioner - Orange shade



After the 5-10 minutes I wash my hair again taking off the product.
As last step, I try to dry my hair a little using a towel, then I apply one or two drop of the Diego dalla Palma Elisir called "EFFETTISPECIALI" on my hair ends.

Diego dalla Palma Elisir - Effettispeciali
And that's it. 
I'm finally ready to use my hair dryer.


#4. Do you use the hair straightener?

Yes I do, once a week after having washed my hair to fix them in place


#5. In your opinion to maintain an hair color is expensive?

It is. 
In my case has always been cause red shades fade away so quickly and with crazy colors such as blue, pink, violet, green etc you will have the same problem.
The fact is that if you dye your hair in a brown shade or in black it won't fade away so easily and quickly. It won't fade at all. 
All the hair conditioner that you can use to maintain your hair color are expensive and is extremely important to have a good quality ones, cause the conditioner can easily change or ruin your hair color.

Also, when you dye your hair you stress them in a way, so is important to take care of it with good quality shampoos and masks. 
Also you have to protect the ends if you use heat&straightener frequently.





That's all for today, I think that I answered to all your questions more or less. 
Hope you enjoyed reading this post, comment or give a + if you did!

Take care,


6 commenti:

  1. You have to try the Purely Perfect products! I will write a post about them soon!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. I'll do some research! Thank you for the suggestion :)

      Elimina
  2. I have always wanted red hair, but my skin colour disagrees :/
    very helpfull post ! :D

    Konstantina |Tales Of A Fashion Sketchbook

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Yes in my case I have the typical skin that redheads have! With all it's features and problems :/

      Elimina
  3. This is really interesting. Your hair is gorgeous; I might try going a reddy colour soon. Love your blog and I'm following on GFC x

    http://prettypassionsfinefashions.blogspot.co.uk

    RispondiElimina